Roberts Event Group is a full service corporate events company servicing the tri-state region for over 25 years. We provide services that include Destination Management, Event Production, Incentive Programs, Conference Services and Festival Planning.
We are looking for an intern to hire from early January through the end of March. We seek candidates who can give 24 – 40 hours per week. This is a non-paid position that gives interns hands-on experience and a look at how an event firm operates. Start and end dates can be adjusted based on scheduling conflicts.
– Job Responsibilities
The goal of our Internship program is to educate the selected individual in the many aspects of our industry and to integrate them as a member of our team. We are looking for a highly energetic person who is multi-task oriented. The main focus of this internship will be to assist our team in producing a large Sports Convention in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- Communicating with talent and vendors daily
- Booking Restaurants and obtaining all necessary paperwork required for participation
- Researching unique entertainment ideas for the various events throughout the festival
- Managing event budgets and vendor check requests
- Distributing entertainment/vendor material prior to the events
- Attending weekly meetings with the client and site visits when necessary
- Supervising labor staff, event staff and event volunteers
- Managing the events onsite with other hired staff and Roberts Event Group team members
- Creating and distributing documents required for on-site event organization
- Organizing paperwork required for all aspects of the events
- Following up with vendors and entertainment via email and phone calls
- Keeping the database of vendors, venues, entertainment and services up to date
- Communication: Must be comfortable speaking clearly and confidently on the phone with vendors to gather information, as well as distributing information among office team members.
- Self-Starter: Must have the ability to comprehend and take charge of assigned tasks, while also generating your own ideas and concepts to implement into projects
- Organization/Multi-tasking: Must have the ability to track and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Social Skills: Must be outgoing, personable and comfortable speaking with members of the office, vendors while on-site at events, and when meeting new contacts for the first time at networking function
Interested in applying? Email your resume to Rachele@RobertsEventGroup.com